Sunday, January 14

Following from a previous blog topic elsewhere..

The curse of the computer

Someone (namely James) once told me that it is nigh on impossible to crash a mac.

I feel that today I have aquired enough proof to eradicate that theory.

Am cursed. Macs hate me. Am mac devil.


I was writing dissertation on James's (far prettier and more slender) laptop today - he stole mine to watch a million Rocky films - gahhhh - and realised had not saved work for a while.

Pressed the cute little floppy disc icon (why are we still so backward with icons? surely cd or memory stick image is more relevant now?) and the little pinwheel came u.

Stared at it for 5 minutes.

Pinwheel keeps turning and turning. Quite hypnotic actually...

Once I had pulled my gaze away it occured to me that i needed to restart.

This would mean losing a whole page of work. (!)

Luckily had viewed the whole page before saving and if squinting hard enough could make out writing.. So sat down and hand wrote (shock horror) the whole page.

Now i just have to re-type the whole thing..

No comments: