Wednesday, January 31

Stuck in the Mud

Well, as the dissertation is handed in and I have officially pitched my first design to a real life client I finally have the time to catch up on my blogging...

About a week ago James's Dad rang up to say he was stuck in a field.

We mocked him continuously after we rescued him only to have the same thing happen to us a couple of days after... ahem...

We were investigating Sandon Hall and took a wrong turn onto a single track road which led to a rather intimidating farm. When we realised we were heading for the farm we panicked. After reversing for about half a mile and almost running over 3 pheasants we decided to just turn around on the frosty grass.

James took us onto the grass and unfortunately we hadn't realised there was a giant marsh type thing there.

Yep, James had to run up to the farm and beg for help whilst I sat and tried to become invisible in the car.

A few minutes later James comes sprinting down the lane (I immediately presume the farmer is chasing him and start to try and frantically free the car) and he informs me the farmer is following with a tractor.

An hour later we were home and trying to wash our shame and embarassment, which had taken the form of thick orange mud, from our recently valetted car.


On a new note, I seem to have worked so hard I have given myself an illness.. Having spent the last fortnight in pure stressville I have now got some sort of thyroid problem which feels like it is choking me.. Got to go for blood tests on Friday. (James is making me laugh as he keeps asking if it was his fault - over Christmas I accidentally got elbowed in the neck)

No comments: