Friday, February 2

Feeling drained (literally)

I stand up as the Nurse calls out my name and walk calmly to the little room.

"Please sit in the chair."

The Nurse is indicating for me to sit in what I can only describe as a chair of torture. It had things which I put my feet in and weird arms that seemed to fit the shape of my arm.. rather too well..

"Right, so we are taking a blue, orange, purple and grey then.." (I think those were the colours..)

What??? 4??? I thought they would just all share the one sample?

I sit in the chair whilst the Nurse tells me how she likes my vein (it must be particularly pretty as they all say that to me..) and try to transport myself away to a land where I am not feeling dizzy and slightly tense.

I tell the Nurse about evil Nurse in Manchester who drops the cover and rams the needle into my arm whilst picking it up and she gives me simpathetic comments which I lap up.

What seems like an hour later, she changes to the last bottle. I get the feeling I am talking gibberish to her. Once the needle is removed she asks how I am (you look a little pale?) and I inform her that I'm generally quite a pale person.

As I leave I go to book the appointment for my results.

There is a queue of old ladies.

Why must they take so long?

Room spinning slightly.. oh god please not like the Science lesson... (traumatic episode after my TB jab where I awoke to find my entire Science class looking down on me..)

Thankfully I get to the counter and lean rather heavily on it.

Appointment booked I leave in a rather tipsy manner and try to locate James.

Am now sat at home frantically printing out my hand in to take over to Birmingham. My arms look very pale.. How long does it take for the blood to re-appear???

No comments: