Sunday, November 12

Last night James got to witness the madness of my former life first hand.

Mum and Dad were up for the weekend and their mate Jeff was throwing a bonfire party.

Everyone there had had quite a bit to drink and when this was combined with the fact that we had a firework store full of rockets which wouldn't be out of place in a professional display and a garden about 4 metres long, it made for a nerve wracking time!

It didn't take long before the first set of fireworks fell over, hitting me in the side whilst I reluctantly used my very pretty umbrella as a shield. (it's a radley umbrella.. too pretty to ruin..)

Erik and Rosie, meanwhile, were sat terrified in the van. And so the evening ended with Rosie clinging to me shaking and James trying to drag a traumatised Erik from the back of the van, pulling off his collar and making my big fluffy boy look like a wimp in front of all the onlooking children.

Very weird walking around Belgrave again.. I swear I have grown about a foot since then as everything seemed so much smaller...


No comments: