Sunday, September 3

When I got home half the house was missing...

Where to begin!

I had a blog all planned about my strange journey down here (including old ladies who spent a three hour train journey texting) but somehow the past couple of days would have made the blog larger than my anticipated dissertation...

newport gwent station

I had a nice couple of days with Mum and Dad, a nice meal at their friends, fish and chips by the sea etc.

On Friday the builders arrived at 6:30 in the morning. Oh yes and they were demolishing half of the house.

Fortunately there was a property-ladder-esque problem with feuding families (our builder needed access from the field that was owned by his uncle who was mad at his dad and promptly held our digger hostage until everything was sorted out)

Keen to avoid the mayhem we left Dad and Owen watching the digger loom into view (it was as big as our house)

half the house knocked down

When we got home half of the house had gone, and in true fashion my parents packed their bags into the van and left for the airport.

I was on my own in half a house with no electricity and possibly no waste (meaning i couldn't go to the toilet)

Well, anyway, a few minutes after they left it got worse.

"Can I just nip in and look under your sink?"
"errr.. ok.."
"Do you know how to turn off the hot water to outside?"

My dad has hired builders who put a digger through a hot water pipe, get covered in boiling water, and then cannot even find correct valve to turn off water..

Next to occur-

"I'm afraid we have had a bit of an accident and cut your Sky TV cable in half"

Great... So now I am alone in the house with no Sky (and signal here is poor) having to watch Welsh TV programs all week with an erratic water supply resulting in me having to brush my teeth in warm water.

Thankfully James arrived for the weekend and his Dad being an ex BT engineer, at least I now have a phone line (well at least until they brake that as well!)

Apart from that I have had a bit of a decent time whilst James has been here. Yesterday we went to Abereiddy which is one of the most amazing places around here. It actually has a blue lagoon! I love it there... We bought a picnic of food stuff from tesco and drove all the way there in torrential rain. Having parked on the beach we climed over the coastal path in the rain and wind with the sea spray stinging our cheeks and sat on top of the world for a while.

bad weather newgale 06

If only he could stay this whole week..

Looks like it's just me and the dogs and the cat and the chickens and the builders..

No comments: