Wednesday, October 25

When it comes to the Dentist, I am transformed into an idiot..

Me: Hello. I have an appointment at ten to

Dental Nurse: Do you pay for your treatment?

Me: I haven't been in yet?

Dental Nurse: Please take a seat upstairs

At which point I take a seat downstairs and a Nurse has to come searching for me to tell me I am meant to be upstairs.

My Dentist appears to be wearing what can only be described as pyjamas and seems to be Polish. Haven't a clue what he is saying. After a few awkward minutes the assistant looks at me and says sympathetically "please take a seat"

I think they have decided that I am afraid of dentists?!? Oh well, never mind.

Dentist: Have you come for a check up?

Me: Erm, ok. My wisdom teeth are coming and it hurts. (why the hell did I say that?)

My god those gloves were making me gag. I was feeling nauseus (is that spelt right?) from my illness and my head was spinning. I had already had to walk to the dentist as James was using the car.

He poked my gum at the back and told me to take antibiotics and come back in a week.

I stayed sat down.

He handed me a prescription and looked at me in a meaningful way.

Obviously that is what counts as a check up nowadays.. am feeling dissallusioned, don't dentists usually count out numbers? Well, that 30 seconds cost me £15..

The woman on reception told me I had to come back in a week, and so booked me an appointment for the 8th November.

A week? really? Obviously woman is mad, so I nod politely and put in my pin number (incidently I can't use one of those pin machines without smirking now - see post about Holiday day trip to Warwick Castle) and I walk home in the rain...

No comments: