Tuesday, August 29

Lady of leisure

At lunch time today I had a realisation that I was a poor-rich woman.. I was sat in Marks and Spencers having a toasted ciabatta and a latte whilst my partner was at work. I am a lady who lunches. Except I could hardly afford said lunch.

Had a great time in there people-watching as i sat and ate my food.

An old lady managed to collapse a whole display of food whilst simultaniously complaining about the size of her scone. After picking up the item (oh so delicately) with those tongue things she gestured over the employee and squashed down the scone to indicate it's inadequateness. The employee then pointed out to the woman that a) that there were in fact extra large scones next to the section she had demolished, b) her scone wasn't much smaller than the others and c) that she had now in fact made it smaller herself. (of course b) and c) were what I gathered from the look on her face) The old lady then decided to swap her now crumb-like scone for a large one placing the dishevelled remains back into the tray making sure she used the tongues - oblivious to the fact that she had basically murdered the cake..

When my toasted sandwich came over from the kitchen the woman looked at me as if I were crazy when I declined her offer of "red sauce" to put on my ham and cheese ciabatta.

I also noted that the whole pretence of "tomato sauce" has now been abandoned, as blatantly it does not resemble tomato in any other aspect than colour (which is actually added to it)


Concerning Train Travel..

Train ticket has been purchased for tomorrow for 11:03, meaning I get to Mum and Dads for half 4. Much better. Just one stop in Newport for half an hour.

The logic of the train company has confused me once more as I discovered that you can go 240 miles for £29 but for £8.50 you can only go 30 miles..

Note on previous post re: evil paint

My sister texted me today to tell me that the evil paint written about previously has in fact blocked up her sink.. It just keeps on attacking!


The tale of Kate and the cat of terror

Have also discovered today that my Kitty has some weird fascination with my cream knitted jumper to the extent that she claws up my body to try and bite me when I am wearing it! I have a possessed cat! She kept trying to bite my cheek (although granted she does only have 3 teeth left) I got so scared - she was making crazy cat sounds and chasing me (a feat in itself considering her lack of sight) I was on the phone to my Mum at the time and had to drop the phone and run out of the room to escape her! Have taken off jumper and she is now sat on my lap..

How very odd...

No comments: